WaterStone was blessed to convene the 2016 WaterStone Giving Academy in Colorado Springs, August 17-19. The WaterStone Giving Academy is our premier educational forum designed to educate and equip financial professionals and ministry and nonprofit leaders from around the country. Our goal is simple: To connect Christian givers, their advisors, and ministries to the innovative giving services and strategies that WaterStone can provide.
Over 50 professionals attended this August’s WaterStone Giving Academy, representing the entire span of the map of the United States. From California to Florida, New York to Georgia, the Lord gathered a community of men and women committed to honoring God by stewarding their client and donor relationships by championing intentional giving strategies to help build his Kingdom.
Mark Pehrson, Financial Advisor, Wells Fargo, stated,
“Attending this year's conference was truly a blessing. To be around other like-minded advisors and ministry professionals was encouraging, challenging, convicting and exhilarating. I felt I came away better equipped and determined to be more purposeful in sharing this information with clients. Thank you WaterStone! And may God bless you richly!”
Kevin Lewis, Project Manager, Pennwood, said,
“I liked the information which was mostly new to me. It opened up my eyes to different thinking.”
Phil Friesen, President/CEO, Citadel Ministries, Inc., stated,
“I was impressed by the high level of spiritual insight WaterStone exhibits in their views and in the way they interact with advisors and donors. I was equally impressed by the numerous attendees and how they lived out their faith to impact the Kingdom.”
Kelley Schubert, President, Schubert & Company, Inc., exclaimed,
“I just wanted to say, “thanks,” for inviting me to be part of the recent Giving Academy! It was a wonderful two days, and I felt God’s spirit working strongly through all of the presentations and the relationship building that was facilitated among the attendees."
Our next WaterStone Giving Academy will be held in Southern California February 21-22 with two separate sessions – one in the San Diego area, and one in the Los Angeles area. If you need additional reasons to attend, consider the takeaways of Scott Findorff, Director of Operations at International Bible Conference:
- A clear understanding of Biblical stewardship leads to wise financial management.
- Bible-based financial literacy is critical for charitable organization leadership.
- Give back (what God has given to you) vs simply donating your resources.
- Everything you have belongs to God and you’re simply a steward of that.
- Give to kingdom focused charitable organizations vs giving to Uncle Sam.
- Be prayerful and prepared before meeting with potential donors/clients.
- WaterStone offers a host of tangible benefits to nonprofits and advisors.
- WaterStone’s technical expertise, knowledge-base and organizational and individual integrity are outstanding and easily endorsed.
Join our email list to receive your invitation for next year’s WaterStone Giving Academy. We hope to see you there!