American Leprosy Missions (ALM) exists to cure and care for people with leprosy and to put an end to this disease. For more than 100 years, ALM has worked around the globe and currently is focused on projects in eight countries.
Two areas of focus comprise ALM’s strategy:
1. Improve Well-Being
ALM restores people affected by leprosy and related diseases to lives of dignity and hope by:
- Equipping people to practice self-care and offering health systems that provide advanced care.
- Reducing discrimination through advocacy, health education and self-help groups.
- Empowering communities to improve water, sanitation, hygiene, livelihood and education.
- Motivating and equipping Christian partners to serve as a channel of Christ’s love.
2. Stop Disease
ALM stops the transmission of leprosy and related diseases and heals those who are affected by:
- Investing in programs and research that stop the transmission.
- Finding, diagnosing and treating leprosy and related diseases quickly and accurately.
Through a strong network of involved donors, growing church partnerships and public awareness, ALM is impacting lives around the globe. Read life-saving and transforming patient stories here.
If you’d like to help American Leprosy Missions further its call to cure and care for people with leprosy and to end the disease, visit www.leprosy.org.
American Leprosy Missions is a featured WaterStone Kingdom Program. Click here to give to this life-changing ministry through your WaterStone Giving Fund.